In Loving Memory of Rob Stewart

Sharkwater – A Tribute to Rob Stewart

Movie theatres across Canada will be screening Rob Stewart’s award-winning film Sharkwater on Saturday, Feb. 25th. Admission is free of charge at the box office in exchange for a donation to WWF-Canada. All funds raised will go directly to supporting the continuation of Rob Stewart’s important conservation work.

For locations and showtimes, please Click Here.

If you can’t attend a screening on February 25 but would still like to make a donation to the World Wildlife Fund in Rob Stewart’s memory, click here. A tax receipt will be issued.

We are so deeply grateful to everyone who helped search, and happy that Rob passed while doing what he loved. We are working on how best to honour his incredible work. If you would like to share your memories or messages with the public, please post them using the form below. We are working on a way to share photos as well.

For private messages to the family please click here

Rob Stewart accomplished so much in his life, but there’s still more to do. To honour Rob’s memory, the Stewart family is collecting donations through WWF-Canada in order to continue his conservation work. You can help by visiting wwf.ca/robstewartfund and WWF-Canada will hold the proceeds in a fund to help carry on Rob’s legacy. A tax receipt will be issued.

Leave a message:

* Your Email address will not be shown

Comments

1. Dear Rob,s family
    I am sorry for your son. He died doing the thing he loved. He saved a lot of sharks and different animals. He was a very very good person the sharks loved him too. from Taylor grade 2 EDPS

Taylor b. 9:48 am on February 16, 2017
  2. Dear rob’s family , I know you are missing rob. he will always be in your heart. I wish he was still alive .But I know he hasto go to heaven for saving the sharks. Gr,2 EDps from:brooke

Brooke E. 9:49 am on February 16, 2017
  3. Dear robs family
    I’m sorry your son is dead by doing his favourite
    Thing. I’m glad he made the movie. I think
    He is a hero.from Kyle gr. 2 EDps

Kyle h 9:50 am on February 16, 2017
  4. Dear robs family I am sorry for your loss. But look on the good side.at least he did doing what he loved the best.love Isabella Grade 2

I sabella 9:50 am on February 16, 2017
  5. dear robs family from Paxton grade 2 IMIROS TURT I

paxton e 9:51 am on February 16, 2017
  6. Dear robs

Grace 9:51 am on February 16, 2017
  7. Dear Rob’s Family, I am sorry about Rob. He was saving sharks. He liked his job. I am sorry that he dies. He was an inspiration.
    from Paxton Grade 2 EDPS

paxton e 9:53 am on February 16, 2017
  8. Je suis profondément attristé par la mort de Rob, un personnage modèle pour moi tant sa cause est la mienne. Je suis triste pour sa famille, ses amis et proches…

Il a vécu de sa passion, et a défendu les requins magistralement avec Sharkwater. Aujourd’hui les requins perdent l’un de leur plus grand défenseur et c’est triste. Il faudrait plus d’hommes comme lui.

Cependant, il ne faut pas abandonner son projet, ne pas abandonner les requins. Il faut continuer le travail de Rob, qui est d’une importance primordiale pour les requins.

Adieu grand homme !

Marc 9:55 am on February 16, 2017
  9. dear rob family. I am sorry for your loss he was awesome he was a hero from jacob grade 2

jacob .t 9:56 am on February 16, 2017
  10. Dear rob’s family I think that Rob was amazing all so I think that he was good with The sharks I im sorry that died Rob love Keira W

Keira.w 9:59 am on February 16, 2017
  11. My heart is so heavy with this sad, sad news. Rob was such a huge inspiration in my life. I first watched Sharkwater when it came out in 2007, I was obsessed, I watched it repetitively for months on end. He opened my heart to the underwater world and since then I have had such love for sharks and the other creatures of the ocean. I have recently become Vegan and since his passing I plan to become a certified diver and my first trip this year will diving with bull sharks, it’s the only way I feel I can honor his memory, by fulfilling my dreams of exploring the ocean. I was so thrilled when he announced the making of Sharkwater 2, I couldn’t hit the order button fast enough. I hope we together can continue his incredible legacy. xoxo <3 I'll see you in the ocean soon Rob.

Alanna Stevenson 10:00 am on February 16, 2017
  12. Dear rob’s family I think that Rob was amazing all so I think that he was good with The sharks I im sorry that died Rob love Keira W Grade to a EDPS

Keira.w 10:01 am on February 16, 2017