In Loving Memory of Rob Stewart

Sharkwater – A Tribute to Rob Stewart

We are so deeply grateful to everyone who helped search, and happy that Rob passed while doing what he loved. We are working on how best to honour his incredible work. If you would like to share your memories or messages with the public, please post them using the form below. We are working on a way to share photos as well.

For private messages to the family please click here

Rob Stewart accomplished so much in his life, but there’s still more to do. To honour Rob’s memory, the Stewart family is collecting donations through WWF-Canada in order to continue his conservation work. You can help by visiting wwf.ca/robstewartfund and WWF-Canada will hold the proceeds in a fund to help carry on Rob’s legacy. A tax receipt will be issued.

Leave a message:

* Your Email address will not be shown

Comments

1. Sharks and the world lost such a wonderful soul.
    Watching what he accomplished is amazing and i hope his legacy will travel on for many many years.
    You will be missed Rob.

Love from us in Calgary Alberta

And the sharks of the world

Danny Merta 1:34 am on April 23, 2019
  2. I saw the video on Amazon today. Wow it was inspiring. The sharks are gone from southern California waters, there used to be lots of blues, makos, and threshers, now not much of anything.

How can we help with keeping the work going?

Ron an Sabina

Ron Gregg 5:20 pm on April 30, 2019
  3. I saw the first Sharkwater film when I was a young teenager, I was already in love with Diving but seeing sharks from that perspective really made me fall in love with them. Seeing the second film and seeing even more of the amazing work that Rob Stewart did inspires me so much.
    The world and all its sharks will miss you and thank you so much for the amazing work that you put forward.

Thank you, Rob. You are and will be missed.

Sierra Sexton 7:10 pm on May 2, 2019
  4. RIP Rob….
    I’ll love you to the entire time, I swear it… <3 <3 <3

Maylorie Gilbert 10:41 am on May 26, 2019
  5. Just watched Sharkwater Extinction…. Full of tears.

Thank you for all you’ve done Rob, RIP.

Love from Saudi.

Ala Alzayer 1:22 pm on May 27, 2019
  6. I wish the parents, friends and relatives a lot of strength. I wish everyone that one day mourns. I did not know this great person until after I had seen his documentation. His legacy will be infinite. Parents can be proud of this good person. Warm greetings from Germany. Zabi

Zabi 6:32 pm on June 4, 2019
  7. Thank you for this sharks and other sea Animals mean so much to me. I live in Canada Newfoundland so where I live there is not a lot of sharks around but I love learning more about them and I love seeing people do stuff like this and dream t do it myself one day.

Amber Williams 9:47 am on June 8, 2019
  8. I have just watched Sharkwater Extinction, the second film that I have seen by Rob Stewart. I am devastated by both the message in the documentary and the toll paid by Rob Stewart personally while delivering that message.

To the family, friends and colleagues of Mr. Stewart may I humbly offer my sympathy for your loss. How proud you must be of his dedication and accomplishments.

I am inspired to share his message with my family and friends.

Brad Cooke

Brad Cooke 11:13 am on June 13, 2019
  9. I live in germany and i do not have any contact with sharks, but after watching sharkwater, i understand the message and all i can do is to tell everybody that killing sharks must find a end. Robs life and his dead is the start of something new and big.

Ralf Wagner 6:47 am on June 16, 2019